Friday, March 26, 2010

Amen

I am so sorry to have left this site blank since March 7 but perhaps when you hear my tale of woe, you will forgive. Let me work backwards:
On March 13, my Father-in-Law died in Tampa. He was an inspiration to me, having accumulated a wealthy position with virtually no education and then, having become blind ten years ago, continued his zest for life, employing technology to enhance his life and his ability to communicate. Gene Davis was an inspiration to me, to his children and to all who knew him.
So I managed to be in Tamps, ten miles away from the Phillies' ballpark, for weeks on end. However, there was no appropriate time to escape to Clearwater. God knows I tried.
However, when it came to the reading of the Will or the reading of the lineup, the Will, of course, took precedent. Missed the Yankees game,too.
And when we had to pick up the Lubavitcher cousin or go on to the cemetery, I got the honors, having been pronounced the Shabos Goy, which I took to be an honor. Missed the Blue Jays game that time.
Gene Davis, my esteemed father-in-law, would have sympathized, being a Tampa Bay Rays savage himself.
In my most reverent Goydom, I bless his name and kiss his head. Amen.
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment